By Linda Hibbs
Along the best way, teenagers are brought to Indonesian tradition and historical past, the meals, the language, and the ordinary fantastic thing about this attention-grabbing nation! From renowned activities to standard dances, and from daily gown to meals and college actions, this multicultural kid's e-book presents glimpses of the typical existence and tradition of this unique, far off land.
Kids will know about Indonesia via tales, songs, crafts, actions and recipes:
- Learn uncomplicated vocabulary from the nationwide language, Bahasa Indonesia
- Make a standard masks that's worn in the course of exact ceremonial dances
- Create attractive batik cloths and different crafts for kids
- Experience the adaptation among sizeable urban lifestyles in Jakarta as opposed to village living
- Explore the shorelines and volcanoes in areas equivalent to Bali and Sumatra
- Enjoy candy cake made with coconut, and more!
Read Online or Download All About Indonesia: Stories, Songs and Crafts for Kids PDF
Best children's nonfiction people & places books
Supply up-and-coming cooks an opportunity to discover the meals of the area! This foreign cookbook has over 50 recipes from 6 diversified cultures and introduces readers to global geography and genuine, easy-to-make recipes that flavor nice. find out about African, French, Italian, Mexican, center japanese, and jap and chinese language cooking.
Think you are gazing a backhoe dig up the floor for a development undertaking whilst a around item rolls down a pile of dust and forestalls at your toes. you decide it up, push aside a few airborne dirt and dust, and notice you are protecting a cranium! this can be precisely what occurred in Albany, long island, in 2005. employees have been putting in place new sewer line whilst a backhoe motive force dug up a cranium.
Event the race of rails to hyperlink the country—and meet the boys at the back of this marvelous feat—in a riveting tale in regards to the development of the transcontinental railroad, dropped at lifestyles with archival photographs. within the 1850s, gold fever swept the West, yet humans needed to stroll, sail, or journey horses for months on finish to hunt their fortune.
Historical past comes alive during this gripping account of a tender boy stuck up within the begin of the progressive battle. in line with an episode in nationwide e-book Award–winning writer Nathaniel Philbrick’s big apple instances bestseller Bunker Hill: A urban, A Siege, A Revolution, this engrossing tale permits readers to adventure heritage from a child’s viewpoint, and Wendell Minor’s wonderful work will delivery readers again to the early days of the progressive battle.
- The Mysterious Amazon (Geography of the World: Rivers)
- V is for Volunteer: A Tennessee Alphabet (Discover America State by State)
- D is for Desert: A World Deserts Alphabet (Science Alphabet)
- Ikebana: Asian Arts and Crafts for Creative Kids: Asian Arts and Crafts for Creative Kids
Extra info for All About Indonesia: Stories, Songs and Crafts for Kids