By Peter S. Wenz
Read Online or Download Beyond Red and Blue: How Twelve Political Philosophies Shape American Debates (MIT Press) PDF
Similar political philosophy books
Political Constructivism is anxious with the justification of rules of political justice within the face of pluralism. modern money owed of multiculturalism, pluralism and variety have challenged the potential of political thought to impartially justify rules of justice past the limits of specific groups.
Ow will we take into consideration radical politics this present day, within the wake of the cave in of Marxist-Leninism and the triumph of neo-liberal capitalism? How should still radical political conception reply to new demanding situations posed through globalisation, postmodernity, the 'war on terror' and the increase of spiritual fundamentalism? How are we to take account of the hot social pursuits and political struggles showing at the worldwide horizon?
This new quantity examines the connection among faith and politics from a old viewpoint. individuals handle particular moments during which political governance intersects with non secular beliefs in dramatic methods. those moments query the connection among non secular sentiments and political recommendations and threaten to reorder the geopolitical panorama.
2016 witnessed an exceptional surprise to political elites in either Europe and the USA. Populism used to be at the march, fueled by way of a considerable lack of knowledge of, or contempt for, the norms, practices, and associations of liberal democracy. it isn't impressive that observers at the left and correct have referred to as for renewed efforts at civic schooling.
- Power, Judgment and Political Evil: In Conversation with Hannah Arendt (Rethinking Political and International Theory)
- War as Paradox: Clausewitz and Hegel on Fighting Doctrines and Ethics (Mcgill-Queen's Studies in the History of Ideas)
- The Social Contract from Hobbes to Rawls
- Political Philosophy Cross-Examined: Perennial Challenges to the Philosophic Life (Recovering Political Philosophy)
- Über Menschenwürde: Der Ursprung der Person und die Kultur des Lebens (Das Bild vom Menschen und die Ordnung der Gesellschaft) (German Edition)
Extra info for Beyond Red and Blue: How Twelve Political Philosophies Shape American Debates (MIT Press)