By Gianluca Toro,Benjamin Thomas,Jonathan Ott
• comprises vast monographs on dream-enhancing components derived from plant, animal, and human assets
• provides the result of medical experiments at the results of utilizing oneirogens
• exhibits how stories during this sector of ethnobotany can yield a systematic realizing of the mysterious mechanism of desires
Oneirogens are plant and animal components that experience lengthy been used to facilitate strong and effective dreaming. From the start of civilization, desires have guided the internal and outer lifetime of people either in terms of one another and to the divine. for hundreds of years shamans have hired oneirogens find that means and therapeutic of their desires.
Drugs of the Dreaming info the homes and activities of those dream allies, developing ethnobotanical profiles for 35 oneirogens, together with these extracted from natural sources--such as Calea zacatechichi (dream herb or “leaf of the god”), Salvia divinorum, and various crops from North and South the US and the Pacific utilized in shamanic practices--as good as synthetically derived oneirogens. They clarify the historic use of every oneirogen, its approach to motion, and what mild it sheds at the clinical mechanism of dreaming. They finish that oneirogens increase the comprehensibility and facility of the dream/dreamer courting and carry a robust key for discerning the mental wishes and destinies of dreamers within the smooth world.
Read or Download Drugs of the Dreaming: Oneirogens: Salvia divinorum and Other Dream-Enhancing Plants PDF
Similar popular culture books
Twenty-five years in the past, on the top of the counter-culturemovement, a number of hundred hippies drove their tuition buses intosouthern Tennessee and based America's greatest, modern-dayintentional group, The Farm. In its heyday, the neighborhood washome to over 1,200 confident teenagers and theyoung-at-heart.
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2000 im Fachbereich Soziologie - Medien, Kunst, Musik, notice: 1,7, Technische Universität Dresden (Institut für Soziologie), Veranstaltung: Kindheit als soziokulturelles Phänomen, 34 Quellen im Literaturverzeichnis, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Der Inhalt der vorliegenden Arbeit gliedert sich im wesentlichen in drei Punkte.
This number of thirteen new essays employs ethnographic the right way to examine San Diego’s Comic-Con foreign, the most important annual occasion of the preferred arts in North the United States. operating from a typical grounding in fan stories, those person explorations learn various cultural practices at an occasion drawing crowds of approximately 125,000 every one summer season.
"Creative aggressive intelligence" is an information-seeking and tracking task of a data surroundings for the aim of creativity and innovation. It comprises the method major as much as the advance of an informational provide tailored to the foundation of artistic or leading edge body of workers.
- Crockett Johnson and Ruth Krauss: How an Unlikely Couple Found Love, Dodged the FBI, and Transformed Children's Literature (Children's Literature Association Series)
- Tearing the World Apart: Bob Dylan and the Twenty-First Century (American Made Music Series)
- The De-Textbook: The Stuff You Didn't Know About the Stuff You Thought You Knew
- Into the Mystic: The Visionary and Ecstatic Roots of 1960s Rock and Roll
- Latinos and American Popular Culture
Extra resources for Drugs of the Dreaming: Oneirogens: Salvia divinorum and Other Dream-Enhancing Plants