By Mark Devenney
* Does the speculation of communicative motion justify deliberative democracy?
* Is a concept of hegemony suitable with an account which depends an incredible of communicative success?
* Is autonomy a superb which will be fostered?
* Can the suitable of democracy expand past the country state?
* Does post-Marxism have something fascinating to assert approximately ethics?
Analysing the paintings of Ernesto Laclau and Jürgen Habermas - as representatives of other offerings made in regard to thought, politics and morality - Ethics and Politics in modern Theory develops a severe reaction to the contrasting conclusions of those approaches.
Read Online or Download Ethics and Politics in Contemporary Theory Between Critical Theory and Post-Marxism (Routledge Innovations in Political Theory) PDF
Similar political philosophy books
Political Constructivism is anxious with the justification of rules of political justice within the face of pluralism. modern debts of multiculturalism, pluralism and variety have challenged the means of political conception to impartially justify rules of justice past the bounds of specific groups.
Ow can we take into consideration radical politics this day, within the wake of the cave in of Marxist-Leninism and the triumph of neo-liberal capitalism? How should still radical political idea reply to new demanding situations posed by means of globalisation, postmodernity, the 'war on terror' and the increase of non secular fundamentalism? How are we to take account of the hot social events and political struggles showing at the worldwide horizon?
This new quantity examines the connection among faith and politics from a ancient viewpoint. participants handle particular moments within which political governance intersects with non secular beliefs in dramatic methods. those moments query the connection among non secular sentiments and political recommendations and threaten to reorder the geopolitical panorama.
2016 witnessed an remarkable surprise to political elites in either Europe and the United States. Populism used to be at the march, fueled by means of a considerable lack of knowledge of, or contempt for, the norms, practices, and associations of liberal democracy. it isn't superb that observers at the left and correct have referred to as for renewed efforts at civic schooling.
- Appearances of Ethos in Political Thought: The Dimension of Practical Reason
- Life and Money: The Genealogy of the Liberal Economy and the Displacement of Politics (Columbia Studies in Political Thought / Political History)
- Making the Political: Founding and Action in the Political Theory of Zhang Shizhao
- Drones and Responsibility: Legal, Philosophical and Socio-Technical Perspectives on Remotely Controlled Weapons (Emerging Technologies, Ethics and International Affairs)
- Respecting Persons in Theory and Practice: Essays on Moral and Political Philosophy
Extra info for Ethics and Politics in Contemporary Theory Between Critical Theory and Post-Marxism (Routledge Innovations in Political Theory)