By Jason Colavito
in accordance with many keen writers and tv hosts, proof for long-ago astronauts or early transatlantic voyages are available in old texts. yet too usually resources stay imprecise and a few writers have altered or fabricated texts to make their case for extraterrestrials and misplaced civilizations.
This e-book examines greater than one hundred thirty very outdated texts used to make the case for Atlantis, extraterrestrial beings, fallen angels, the good Flood, giants, transatlantic voyagers, historical excessive expertise and plenty of different mysteries. English translations are provided with explanatory notes displaying how those texts were used and abused to make pleasing claims approximately prehistory.
Read Online or Download Foundations of Atlantis, Ancient Astronauts and Other Alternative Pasts: 148 Documents Cited by Writers of Fringe History, Translated with Annotations PDF
Best archaeology books
On specified inspection, assets in relation to the Byzantine empire do include major connection with the location and function of ladies in society. during this research Carolyn Connor offers a window into the `lives, occupations, ideals, and social roles of Byzantine ladies' from past due Antiquity, advert 250, to the autumn of Constantinople in 1453.
During this world wide survey, Clive Gamble explores the evolution of the human mind's eye, with out which we'd now not became a world species. He units out to figure out the cognitive and social foundation for our ingenious ability and lines the facts again into deep human historical past. He argues that it was once the creative skill to 'go past' and to create societies the place humans lived aside but stayed involved that made us such powerful international settlers.
Archaeology’s visible tradition explores archaeology during the lens of visible tradition conception. The insistent visuality of archaeology is a key stimulus for the inventive and inventive interpretation of our encounters with the prior. Balm investigates the character of this projection of the visible, revealing an embedded subjectivity within the imagery of archaeology and acknowledging the multiplicity of meanings that cohere round artifacts, archaeological websites and museum monitors.
Archaeology has an impression at the public some distance past what any archaeologist might think. during this concise, student-friendly examine the general public appropriation of archaeology, Troy Lovata examines outright hoaxes, fanciful re-creations, creative representations, advertisement organisations, and discredited replicas of the previous.
- How Chiefs Became Kings: Divine Kingship and the Rise of Archaic States in Ancient Hawai'i
- Diversity of Sacrifice: Form and Function of Sacrificial Practices in the Ancient World and Beyond (SUNY Series, The Institute for European and Mediterranean ... Archaeology Distinguished Monograph Series)
- Bone, Antler, Ivory and Horn: The Technology of Skeletal Materials Since the Roman Period: Volume 14 (Routledge Library Editions: Archaeology)
- Nicopolis ad Istrum III: A late Roman and early Byzantine City: the Finds and the biological Remains: A Late Roman and Early Byzantine City - The Finds ... of the Society of Antiquaries of London)
- International Directory of Museum Training: Programs and practices of the museum profession (Heritage: Care-Preservation-Management)
Extra info for Foundations of Atlantis, Ancient Astronauts and Other Alternative Pasts: 148 Documents Cited by Writers of Fringe History, Translated with Annotations