By Katherine M. Helm,Jon Carlson
• Addresses threats to like and intimacy for Black couples
• Provides culturally correct, strengths-based ways and review practices
• Includes attention-grabbing case reviews on the end of every bankruptcy that illustrate very important concepts.
The chapters span the present nation of couple relationships; readers will locate details for operating with lesbians and gays in relationships, pastoral counseling, and intercultural Black undefined. there's additionally a bankruptcy for non-Black therapists who paintings with Black consumers. Dispersed in the course of the e-book are interviews with admired African American undefined’ specialists: Dr. Chalandra Bryant, courting specialist Audrey B. Chapman, Dr. Daryl Rowe and Dr. Sandra Lyons-Rowe, and Dr. Thomas Parham. they supply own perception on concerns resembling the strengths African american citizens carry to relationships, their talents and struggles, and gender and sophistication concerns. This must-read publication will considerably assist you and your clients.
Read Online or Download Love, Intimacy, and the African American Couple (Family Therapy and Counseling) PDF
Similar psychological counselling books
This prevalent scientific reference and textual content offers a wealth of information on culturally delicate perform with households and contributors from over forty various ethnic teams. every one bankruptcy demonstrates how ethnocultural components may possibly impact the assumptions of either consumers and therapists, the problems humans deliver to the scientific context, and their assets for coping and challenge fixing.
Do not permit hidden cultural expectancies sabotage your healing relationships! Integrating Gender and tradition in kin treatment education bargains optimistic recommendations for instructing your scholars to appreciate the ways that cultural expectancies have an effect on contributors, society, the healing courting, or even the connection among manager and trainee.
Press “send” for notable effects! With fifty two E-mails to remodel Your Marriage, you’ll discover a year’s worthy of e-mails that can assist you reconnect together with your wife, reignite intimacy, and maintain your love alive. There’s doubtless marriage could be a challenge—we’ve all heard that 1/2 marriages result in divorce.
Dieses Buch eröffnet Ihnen einen ganz neuen Blick auf das brand-aktuelle und wichtige Thema Achtsamkeit: Erfolgreich arbeiten und always-on sein und gleichzeitig sorgsam mit sich umgehen – ist das überhaupt möglich? Ja, ist es! Die Autorin, selber achtsamer Workaholic mit kreativen leisure pursuits und überzeugte Großstädterin, erzählt in diesem Buch ihre persönliche Geschichte, begleitet von inspirierenden Interviews sowie handfesten Werkzeugen, wie Sie effizienter, erfolgreicher, gesünder und glücklicher werden.
- Loss of the Assumptive World: A Theory of Traumatic Loss (Series in Trauma and Loss)
- The Alchemy of Combat: Transforming Trauma in Combat Veterans
- Studies in Empowerment: Steps Toward Understanding and Action
- The Complete Systemic Supervisor: Context, Philosophy, and Pragmatics
- The Christian Therapist's Notebook: Homework, Handouts, and Activities for Use in Christian Counseling
- MiniMax Interventions: 15 simple therapeutic interventions that have maximum impact
Additional resources for Love, Intimacy, and the African American Couple (Family Therapy and Counseling)