By Arthur Shapiro
Read or Download Making Large Schools Work: The Advantages of Small Schools PDF
Best education policy books
Describes and analyzes nation-leading tuition reforms in Florida. In schooling Reform in Florida, sociologists and historians assessment Governor Jeb Bush’s nation-leading institution reform guidelines in view that 1999. They research the startlingly large variety of schooling coverage alterations enacted in Florida in the course of Bush’s first time period, together with strikes towards privatization with a voucher procedure, extra executive keep watch over of public schooling associations with centralized responsibility mechanisms, and a “superboard” for all public schooling.
“Although standards-based reform emerged within the usa and the uk, the assumption has unfold the world over, as an method of systemic reform. it will probably look that there's a world-wide “tsunami” of standards-based reform that would standardize and homogenize the tutorial procedure around the globe.
Shoop identifies the early symptoms of sexual abuse in faculties, demonstrating the severe have to enforce ideas so scholars are safe whereas additionally studying tips to defend themselves.
"For those that have not given a lot suggestion to race issues, this quantity may perhaps function an inoculation opposed to the twisted political siren track of the far-right, offering enough wisdom with the intention to weaken the charm of these who might control their racial fears, anxieties and insecurities, or attempt to deny the truth of racial inequality in an effort to push a colorblind – and accordingly, injustice-blind – time table.
- Becoming Mobius: The complex matter of education
- Restrictive Language Policy in Practice: English Learners in Arizona (Bilingual Education & Bilingualism)
- Human Rights and Universal Child Primary Education
- Dystopia & Education (Studies in the Philosophy of Education)
- Dividing Classes: How the Middle Class Negotiates and Rationalizes School Advantage
- Global Neoliberalism and Education and its Consequences (Routledge Studies in Education, Neoliberalism, and Marxism)
Extra resources for Making Large Schools Work: The Advantages of Small Schools