By Rómulo Pinheiro,Lars Geschwind,Timo Aarrevaara
This book addresses the serious wisdom gaps of mergers concerning better schooling associations. it's according to a comparative learn venture (spring 2013-spring 2015) investigating the phenomena of mergers concerning greater schooling associations around the Nordic international locations – Norway, Sweden, Finland and Denmark. The examine concerned on the subject of 30 students from the quarter, and geared toward laying off severe gentle on, and delivering novel contributions round, the subsequent key aspects:
- Conceptual and theoretical techniques – strengths and barriers - in the direction of the research of the phenomena of mergers in larger education;
- Historical advancements, resulting in major structural adjustments within the household greater schooling panorama, and, in flip, how mergers were used as a policy/institutional mechanism to foster version to a brand new exterior setting on the neighborhood, nationwide, local and overseas levels;
- The complicated dynamics inherent to merger processes by venture an in-depth research of a sequence of chosen case reviews, with a selected specialize in the “black-box” linked to the implementation method;
- The implications of the findings as regards destiny coverage and strategic endeavours, conception improvement and destiny learn time table.
Read or Download Mergers in Higher Education: The Experience from Northern Europe (Higher Education Dynamics) PDF
Best education policy books
Describes and analyzes nation-leading institution reforms in Florida. In schooling Reform in Florida, sociologists and historians overview Governor Jeb Bush’s nation-leading institution reform rules considering that 1999. They study the startlingly extensive variety of schooling coverage adjustments enacted in Florida in the course of Bush’s first time period, together with strikes towards privatization with a voucher approach, extra govt keep an eye on of public schooling associations with centralized responsibility mechanisms, and a “superboard” for all public schooling.
“Although standards-based reform emerged within the usa and the uk, the belief has unfold internationally, as an method of systemic reform. it could look that there's a world-wide “tsunami” of standards-based reform that would standardize and homogenize the tutorial process around the globe.
Shoop identifies the early symptoms of sexual abuse in colleges, demonstrating the serious have to enforce concepts so scholars are safe whereas additionally studying easy methods to guard themselves.
"For those that have not given a lot concept to race concerns, this quantity may well function an inoculation opposed to the twisted political siren track of the far-right, delivering enough wisdom with a purpose to weaken the charm of these who might control their racial fears, anxieties and insecurities, or attempt to deny the truth of racial inequality for you to push a colorblind – and as a result, injustice-blind – schedule.
- How Schools Do Policy: Policy Enactments in Secondary Schools
- High Stakes Education: Inequality, Globalization, and Urban School Reform: Inequality, Globalization and Urban School Reform (Critical Social Thought)
- The Future of the Post-Massified University at the Crossroads: Restructuring Systems and Functions: 1 (Knowledge Studies in Higher Education)
- Widening Participation in Higher Education: Casting the Net Wide? (Issues in Higher Education)
Additional info for Mergers in Higher Education: The Experience from Northern Europe (Higher Education Dynamics)